Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Vietnamese 1 - Semester 2 - AY 2008/2009 Students' Feedback

" I get to learn the basics of Vietnamese language which allows me to make basic conversation with Vietnamese. Lesson is interesting and enriching. The cooking project helps me to have a greater understanding in Vietnamese culture and travelling project enables me to find out more about the beautiful places in Vietnam. The projects are enjoyable."


* * *
"LAV1201 is by far, one of the best modules I have taken in NUS. Having taken French level 1 before, I must say that LAV1201 is comparatively much more interactive, informative, and definitely much more of a pleasure to be taking. The teaching methods of the tutors are very different from the usual classes (even other language classes) - including events such as 'An Afternoon with the Vietnamese Students', a cooking project at co Bich's house, role-playing the parts of tour agency and tourists, etc. As such, although there were equally as many practical and oral tests for Vietnamese as for French, never was a lesson (or even test) boring. Meaningful friendships were forged, and creative thinking amongst students were definitely encouraged. I highly applaud the tutors for their methodology and utmost understanding towards students learning a 3rd language. I will definitely proceed on to level 2, and LAV1201 is a course that I will strongly recommend to all my NUS juniors."

* * *

"This module is very interesting to read. It helps me to change mindset about learning a language. All along, I thought that reading a language will be difficult. But this module has proven me otherwise. In fact, learning this module helps to ease the stress my overall academic. This module has non exam which is a good thing. Instead, it spread out the marks through daily workload. This ensures that we are constantly in touch with the topics. In overall, I love this module."

* * *

"Content of the course book is nicely done - uses movies, songs and pictures to help us to relate better to the course - tutors are patient and fun." 

* * *
"Very interesting and fun but at the same time, requires student to put in hard work. My experience in LAV 1201 was a good one. I learnt in an atmosphere well balance with healthy pressure, increasing interest (note, it increases not decreases like other modules!). I think I could perform so much better in this module because of these factors. Co Le is a good coordinator! THIS is what I call learning!

No comments: