Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Chào các cô và các bạn


Chúng tôi là sinh viên lớp tiếng Việt một, tên tiếng Việt của chúng tôi là Quỳnh Lan, Quỳnh Hương và Quang Hiếu.

Our previous experiences with Vietnam:

Quỳnh Lan
Tôi tên là Quỳnh Lan. Tôi là sinh viên năm thứ nhất, học ngành khoa học xã hội. Since I was in Secondary 3, I met my Vietnamese friend, Uyên who came to Singapore to study (: We are very good friends even up till now and she always wanted me to go to Vietnam for a holiday trip so that she can bring me around :D … Finally :D, I went to her hometown Hồ Chí Minh during July this year! I stayed there for about 5 days and I went to Củ Chi Tunnel, Phan Thiết Beach, Bến Thành Market and many other places :D. The food was really great and I really love the bánh mì, bánh xèo and phở bò there! I really love Vietnamese food and I still crave for it every now and then :(! It was very nice to take taxis with my friend when travelling around too which I’ll never get to do in Singapore that often because it’s too expensive T-T…  After the trip to Vietnam, I took up the Vietnamese 1 module here and I am really glad that I can communicate with my friend using the Vietnamese words I learnt in class! :D

Quỳnh Hương
Tôi tên là Quỳnh Hương. Tôi là sinh viên năm thứ tư, học ngành sinh học. I went Vietnam twice, the first time went to the South, Ho Chi Minh city; the second time I went to the North, Hanoi, Ha Long Bay, and Sapa, for one week. That was an immersion program and I joined them in the final week for travelling. The places are really nice and the people there are even nicer! Although I didn't know anything about Vietnamese at that time, I was able to understand what they were trying to say after immersed in their culture and language for one week. I found Vietnamese really interesting because it is a very gentle and romantic language! :) I wish I can visit Vietnam more and hope that I can contribute to the people there by giving helping hands to those in needs. Vietnam is a place that I would definitely recommend friends to visit!! :D

Quang Hiếu
Tôi tên là Quang Hiếu. Tôi là sinh viên năm thứ hai, học ngành hóa học. While I have yet to visit Vietnam, the country has had my attention for a long time. Having heard a lot of about the place, especially the Củ Chi Tunnel, from my Vietnamese friends have had me wanting to know more about the beautiful place. Getting to hang around with my Vietnamese friends, watching several Vietnamese movies and listening to their songs have had me appreciating the easy life that most of us have as compared to many from the countryside. The country having to gone through many hardship, have had made its countrymen unassuming and many more wonderful qualities that I really admire.

Why we chose this place and what we learnt

We chose Thành Phố Hồ Chí Minh because it is the economic hub of Vietnam and mainly because it is where the Củ Chi Tunnel lies. Besides, we really like the attractions there that we went before and Quang Hiếu has a Vietnamese bạn gái who is from Hồ Chí Minh too! :P While doing this project, we learnt how to say the names of the places we went before in Vietnamese and realized that we can make many sentences using the words we already learnt :D! The project has also given us great opportunities to read up on this amazing tunnel of Vietnam and how the Vietnamese fought for their freedom. 

The ingenious design of the tunnel has many implicit details carefully planned and there are many clever traps made by the Vietnamese who did not have expensive weapons to fight the Americans. Making the poster was really fun too as we realized from the map of District 1 that many places are actually so close to each other :D. It was fun being “tour guides” and it will definitely help us when we go to Thành Phố Hồ Chí Minh to travel again! :D
Our class and Cô Quỳnh :D!



No comments: